How do you know when to call a roofing services company? Usually, any time that you see damage to your shingles, gutters, or attic structures, you want to look for an expert. These structures are your home’s first defense against the weather. Repairs should be performed safely by a trained professional, in order to maintain the lifespan of your roof and your home.
Take a look at these 9 different types of roofing services for your home.
Gutter Systems Keeping gutters operating efficiently ensures that water flows away from your home, preventing damage. You can, of course, clean your gutters manually, but another option is to have your roofing company provide one of the following services:
• Gutter Repairs—If your gutters are crooked or leaking, you’ll need them straightened and patched up before they will properly direct the water away from your home. For minor problems, this is a better solution than completely replacing the gutters.
• Gutter Cleaning—If you’re like many people, you dread the task of cleaning out the gutters. You’re up on a ladder; it’s time consuming; and, it stinks. Professionals can not only give your gutters a total cleaning, they can also suggest ways to prevent future buildup.
• Gutter Solutions—After your gutters have been thoroughly cleared of debris and flushed out, you may want to consider a gutter solution that prevents the need for future cleanings. One such option is Leaf Relief. It is a gutter protection product that keeps leaves out.
• Gutter Replacement—More often than not, your gutters can simply be repaired, but they do not last forever. How often should you replace your gutters? Depending on the quality, most will last 20-40 years.
Roof Repairs Sometimes all your roof needs is a little TLC. Don’t be fooled by companies who immediately suggest that you replace your entire roof. Reliable roofing companies know when to do a less expensive repair to a particular area rather than a full replacement. Check for these roofing services that address repair on a single area:
• Roof Inspection—Before starting any replacement or repairs, be sure to get your roof inspected by a reputable company. Then, you will know how to proceed and what to expect.
• Leak Repairs—Once your roof develops a leak, you can quickly amass damage to further structures in your home. Not only that, but a leak can eventually damage items inside your home, as well. But, if you stop the leak fast, you may be able to avoid pricey roof replacement.
• Damaged Shingles Repair—You may be tempted to put off repair of damaged shingles; however, the damage is likely to get worse over time. This can eventually lead to leaks and more structural damage. When water seeps beneath the shingles, it rots the wood below.
• Cool Roof Repair—If you have a “cool roof”, that is, one made with reflective materials, a qualified company can help you to replace the damaged reflective surface.
Roof Replacement If your roof shows signs of more than just minor damage, it may be time to replace it. Keep in mind that a good quality roof can last as long as 50 years, but many are damaged by weather well before then.
• Shingle Roofing—When selecting shingles for your roof, one of the first considerations is how the finished roof will look. A good roofing company will provide you with options for multiple shingle colors and styles. You should also be able to find options in low-maintenance or stain-resistant shingles.